Time: 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
If street food is your thing this event is for you! Tasty Thursday runs weekly from 11:30am - 2:30pm with an ever changing supply of popular street food vendors including some of Newcastle and Gateshead’s best restaurants!
- BBQ mici kebab:
Small minced meat rolls served in a nan with red and white Romanian slaw, salad and garlic and dill sour cream, then topped with sweet mustard.
- The super dog:
Our Carpathian sausage, a little spicy and very garlicky: made with pork and beef, in a sour dough bap with crispy onions and pork scratchings sprinkled on top.
- Vegan Sarmale (V):
Romania’s most famous traditional dish, this is our juicy vegan alternative- brown rice, carrots, mushrooms, sunflower and pumpkin seeds cooked in rich tomato sauce, wrapped in a pickled cabbage leaf and steamed tomato sauce.
- Fire roasted red pepper and haloumi burger:
Our Greek cousins squeaky cheese seasoned with oregano and served with a sweet, Smokey red pepper and creamy garlic sauce in a sour dough bap.
Spud Gun Loaded fries
- Pizza Fries- Skinny Fries Fully Loaded with spiced pizza sauce, crisped pepperoni, grated mozzarella, dried chilli flakes and oregano.
- Halloumi Fries- With pink sumac mayo and fresh mint.
- Bacon Cheese Fries- Seasoned fries topped with Spud Gun original cheese sauce and crispy smoked bacon pieces. Finishes with spring onion and fresh chives.
- Patatas Bravas Fries- Homemade piquant tomato, red pepper and garlic sauce drizzled over seasoned fries and finished with aioli and fresh parsley.
- Naked fries- Plain and simple stealth fries, salt and pepper.
Scotty Dinky Donuts
- Delicious freshly made ndulgent donits with a variety of toppings